Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas

Today I went to a farm to cut the christmas tree with my host family. Around 3pm, my host dad come to pick me and my host sister from tower, then we went to pick up my host mum. After that, we took about 15 to 20 minutes to reach the farm.
When we reach the farm, the worker in that farm come to us and ask what kind of tree are we looking for. Then we ride on a track to go to the farm. We get to chose the size of the tree we want and cut it off our selve.
It's a new experience for me as the people in Malaysia never celebrate Christmas and I had never have a chance to cut Christmas tree and decorating it before. It's a fun trip to the farm although it is freezing out there.

2 comments:

Joyce Johnson said...

Cutting a Christmas tree is an important event for our family as well. I'm glad that you were able to be a part of this rich tradition.

Jessie Fung said...

Sweet~~I have never cut Xmas tree be4:P thanks for giving me an awesome weekend girl!!!love u tons!!!:D